1. Will I be covered if I'm diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Canada?
COVID-19 Disease/Coronavirus has been a foreseeable illness for some time. If you do become ill with COVID-19/Coronavirus and wish to submit a claim, your claim will be reviewed along with any claims for insurance coverage or benefits directly or indirectly related to COVID-19/Coronavirus, based on the terms and conditions of the policy as well as all the circumstances attendant to the claim.
2. Can the coverage be extended?
Yes, Please refer to the eligibility and exclusions of the policy wording to make sure that the coverage is right for you.
3. Can I purchase a plan after arriving in Canada?
Yes, Please refer to the eligibility and exclusions of the policy wording to make sure that the coverage is right for you. Please note a Waiting Period will apply.
4. Can I cancel the policy before arriving in Canada?
Yes, you can cancel before arriving in Canada with a cancellation fee as per your policy wording. Although we recommend the change of the effective date, the admin fee of $50 for the effective date change is waived off.
5. Other useful links
6. My stay in Canada has been longer than I had planned and need to see a doctor for a check-up and prescription refill. Will my policy reimburse me for these costs?
Visitor to Canada insurance policies do not pay for health care or medical treatment that is not emergency care including treatment of ongoing conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes.